14 Feb What the SMARTEST LEADERS do to hire and keep great employees
Yes, you need to hire the best people. Even more important, though?
Hanging onto them.
Six strategies for doing so, suggested on Inc., which I can back up via my 20 years in this field:
1. Make your search process mission-driven so you find people who connect with your purpose.
2. Seek to fill gaps by complementing skills, rather than hiring someone you simply feel an affinity for.
3. Identify shared passions early on, so you can align with people who will be enthusiastic.
4. After the hire, check in regularly — at least quarterly — to identify any experiential flaws.
5. Always challenge your employees and keep them in the growth mindset.
6. Foster respect in the workplace.
Hiring is just the first hurdle in this competitive labor market. The more important barometer is how people fare in the job.
By Michael Barros, Managing Partner, Prestige Scientific, Inc.