18 Jun 9 Ways to Cultivate Positive Energy
Having positive energy moving through the work environment is extremely important to the success of your company. Good energy can boost feelings of well-being, reduce anxiety and improve communication. It’s important for anyone to be aware of the energy they are emitting, but even more important for leaders in an organization since that will travel down through the rest of the company.
Here are 9 ways to attract and cultivate more positive energy:
- Pay attention to the energy you are emitting – Negative thoughts and tones in your interactions can be subtle, but they will be noticed (even subconsciously) by others. Do people seek you out or do they avoid you? If they seek you out, you are probably giving off more positive energy.
- Change the tone of your thoughts – Try not to slip into pessimism. Be optimistic, focus on the positive side of things rather than the negative. Even when faced with challenges, replace negative thoughts with realistic, positive statements that inspire you to take action.
- Cut off negative influences – whether in your personal life, work life, or places you visit, negative influences will infect you with bad habits. Working to cut out negative influences from your life is most effective, though in cases where you can’t completely remove them, limit exposure and mentally prepare yourself before encountering them.
- Expand your circle – Start spending time with more positive influences in your life. Look for people that are honest and trying to cultivate a happy outlook. Bring your positivity to the group as well.
- Embrace compassion and kindness – there are many ways to show small acts of kindness. Something as simple as smiling when passing others will send loads of positive energy in both directions.
- Cultivate gratitude – find time each day to think of things you are grateful for. This will help replace any negative thoughts you have with positive ones.
- Find your inner strength – work to empower yourself and stop listening to your critical inner thoughts about yourself. Being overly critical about yourself will diminish your feeling of self-worth, hamper your potential, and kill any positive energy you have.
- Align your current self with your future self – start making decisions that will steer you to become the person you want to be, with the job and relationships you want to have.
- Act in good faith – treat people with respect and kindness and you will get that in return. More importantly, don’t act harshly if someone does something wrong. Realize that people make mistakes and have bad days. Responding in a rational and less negative manner will make people respect you as a leader.