14 Feb 5 ways to kill your dreams
How to kill your dreams:
1. Count on overnight success.
2. Think someone else has the answers you need.
3. Decide to settle when growth is guaranteed.
4. Assume failure is someone else’s fault.
5. Believe that the only things that matter are the dreams themselves.
This is a playbook by Brazilian entrepreneur and author Bel Pesce. Her advice for reaching your dreams? It’s pretty simple: enjoy your journey.
Also, use the opposite of the list above. Understand that success never happens instantly. It’s always a culmination of lots of hard work and decisions made along the way.
In my role as Managing Partner of Prestige Scientific, I meet with people who struggle against this list of dream killers. And I agree with Bel Pesce. Look to yourself for answers. Re-calibrate your goals all the time. Take responsibility for your own failures. And always appreciate every moment of the journey.
By Michael Barros, Managing Partner, Prestige Scientific, Inc.